The purpose of the Drafting position is to turn the secured contracts, architectural drawings, specifications along with the review of what was estimated and produce shop drawings for client review, in-house production including CNC file transfer to machine as built drawings to F.C. WoodWorks standards and catalogue including both standard cabinet construction and custom one-off unique pieces into understandable and working drawings including installation.
Qualifications & Experience:
The individual should have demonstrated qualifications in most or all of the following areas:
• A sound understanding of millwork construction systems and methods, specifications, and details including rendered drawings, as built drawings for production and installation.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, mathematical and computer skills.
• Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Auto Cad and a working knowledge of Cabinet Vision would be a HUGE asset.
• Able to create cut lists and material requestions for specific projects.
• Good memory, quick thinking, and ability to relate current requirements to previous experience.
• Ability to plan, organize and complete work independently.
• Ability to work hard and calmly under pressure to achieve fixed deadlines, and the flexibility and dedication to work extended hours when required.
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
• An excellent reputation with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Ability to build positive working relationships with clients, suppliers and peers.
• Preference will be given to candidates that possess both relevant trade experience and technical education.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the architectural millwork industry.
• Assist the Estimating Department in the tendering of projects.
• Working closely with the Production and Estimating Departments, learn company systems and methods.
• Assist in plan and spec analysis to provide clear, traceable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for manufacturing.
• Assist as directed by the Production and Estimating Departments in maintaining accurate and up-to-date logs, track responses and changes regarding the status of RFIs.
• Produce and/or review Shop Drawings and submittals.
• Produce and assist in continuous updating of as-built documents which may change due to site conditions and Architect or Customer reviews.
• Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues.
• Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating of RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals.
• Engineer drawings for best yield of materials and labour.
• Attend in house project coordination meetings with production team as required to ensure drafting is completed on schedule.
• Meet predetermined allotment of time for work orders allowing the production department to schedule upcoming projects in a timely manner.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits package dependent on qualifications.