Primary Purpose: The Outside Sales Representative will be seasoned in attaining and managing all sales activities in their account portfolio, supporting BC’s Lower Mainland. The account portfolio will comprise of customer accounts that are both strategic and transactional (month-to-month) in nature. The Outside Sales Representative will develop new prospects and interact with existing customers to increase sales opportunities through providing a smooth sales process by leveraging their creativity and latitude, developed product knowledge and ability to build strong relationships.
- Follow and contribute to the sales process and create and meet sales goals to aim at profitable results as set out by Regional Business Development Manager.
- Grow our business with existing customers/leads through upselling or cross selling our products.
- Establish and maintain multiple accounts in their account portfolio through frequent proactive follow-ups by outgoing calls and emails.
- Closes new accounts and verifying information for entry into the CRM for record activities.
- Create and maintain a quarterly call schedule.
- Efficiently dealing with account inquiries and complaint resolution and escalating to RBDM when required.
- Follow up regularly once deal has been closed and ensure client’s satisfaction.
- Understanding and analyze customers’ needs by asking critical questions and identifying sales opportunities and creative solutions.
- Continuously improve and strengthen accounts through soliciting feedback.
- Stay current with product knowledge/updates from vendors, industry best practices and promotional trends and competitor presence.
- Focus strategic sales efforts through studying existing customers and providing feedback to RBDM to support ongoing market studies
- Maintain an organized workspace and properly file documents, updates, and product information so it is readily accessible for reference and to answer questions.
- Promote the Company’s Cabinet Door and Laminate Panel ability.
Job Effort and Working Conditions:
- High level of critical strategic thinking, self starting, and prioritization without close supervision.
- Job requires resilience to rejection and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Office environment situated at own workspace at Company’s Branch.
- Occasional over time as per business needs
- Frequent travel required to meet accounts in assigned territory area.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Minimum Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- An asset to have post-secondary in business or wood sciences
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in attaining business from certain accounts in a B2B environment.
- An asset in the building materials industry- i.e, laminate, melamine, lumber, plywood.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong communicator with clients and colleagues. Should be able to listen actively, understand client needs, and articulate our product and service value proposition.
- Superior ability to influence, build rapport and be a trusted representative of the Company.
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve and add value to the organization.
- Goal oriented having a high sense of urgency to set and achieve monthly and annual targets
- Ability to identify, interpret and analyze sales data
- Strong computer and accuracy skills are required for processing orders, ordering material, checking inventory, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, specifically Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Continuous hunger to acquire updated product knowledge in order to grow sales.