Our fast-paced moulding manufacturing plant, located in beautiful Victoria BC, is in search of a dynamic individual to fill the unique position of Moulder Lead Hand. The successful applicant will efficiently & effectively meet production targets & schedules while adhering to yield and quality standards. We require an innovative individual able to work under pressure, add value to our team and who has extensive experience with Moulders as well as strong critical thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Safe, effective, efficient set-up & operation of Moulders, as well as grinding new profiles & sharpening existing knifes.
- Understand & follow all Company safety and work procedures & adhere to all applicable WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Understand & help develop a preventative maintenance program; responsible for reporting maintenance requirements; responsible for maintenance program of certain shop equipment.
- Maintain strong communication with the Moulder dept. staff to ensure that they are aware of potential & actual problems or concerns.
- Give direction and/or instruction on safety, production & quality issues to staff in the Moulder dept. as required.
- Responsible for efficacy of scheduling & material usage.
- Responsible to ensure quality control for all mouldings produced.
- Knowledge/understanding of Standard Operational & Safety Procedures, Lockout Procedures, grinding templates, steel
- Understand Moulder setup/operation (Weinig Moulder an asset) as well as knowledge of wood species & grain direction.
- Good basic mathematical skills, oral & written communications. Must be self-motivated & possess good planning, organizational & problem-solving skills.
- Some heavy lifting.
COMPENSATION based on experience. ($30-35/hr)
- Dental care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance